Sunday, January 20, 2013

Nygren's dangerous talk

I have been asking where the sheriffs in northern Illinois stand on Obama's plans to tread on Constitutional rights of Americans when he talks about gun control and signed 23 Executive Orders recently.

Sheriffs in Georgia, Utah and Oregon have not been bashful in telling Obama exactly on what not to attempt to interfere.

Now we know where McHenry County's own sheriff stands.

In this morning's Northwest Herald, buried at the end of a front-page article, are these words of Sheriff Keith Nygren...

"We're talking about restricting our freedoms..."

Well, I've got news for you, Keith. Now would be a really good time to stop talking about "restricting our freedoms" and start observing your Oath of Office, which is to support the Constitutions of the United States and of the State of Illinois. And not only to support them but to obey the laws. The People - We, the People - are not going to let you restrict our freedoms!

No doubt you remember the day I was in your office and played a tape for you of a message you left on my home answering machine. Your message had been to stop wasting the time of your deputies with serious traffic violations that I had witnessed, because a judge would never convict a driver on a civilian witness's testimony. Had you checked, you would have found that the string of convictions (on my complaints) was eight in a row.

During our conversation you told me that you "had to" drive 20MPH over the limit in Wisconsin just to keep up with traffic. I was too polite at the time to challenge you on why you, as the top cop in McHenry County, would not be following the laws and driving at the posted speed limit. Was that because you believed you could "badge" any cop who stopped you and talk your way out of a ticket?

When was that? 2006? 2007? Now I know more about you. Now I believe that you feel that the laws are for us, but not for you.

No comments: