Friday, January 25, 2013

Thank you, readers

Click for clearer image
1,000,000 page views! Thank you, readers.

On April 15, 2007, I wrote the first article on this blog. 


Almost two years later the City of Woodstock refused to provide regular crime reports to me for a different blog I wanted to start for reporting crimes in Woodstock. They cited low readership of my blog. It seems the word "blog" was not in the statute that also mentioned electronic media. 

On January 3, 2009, I placed the counter on this blog. I considered estimating the number of past page-views for a starting number since this blog was 21 months old at that time, but I started it at zero.

Yesterday afternoon it hit 1,000,000. This is the number of page views, not unique visitors. 


Thank you to all readers.

6 comments:

Maverick50 said...

Would the refusal to provide crime reports be what they call being Transparent? What would it have cost them?

Gus said...

All they needed to do was add my email address to their distribution list. The cost? Somebody's time for 30 seconds.

Not sure the City of Woodstock wants its residents to know of the crime rate here.

bill Matteson said...

I think that your 1000,000,th viewer should at least get a cup of coffee from Starbucks or Dunkins
just saying

Gus said...

Well, OK, Bill, but it has to be claimed by 4:07PM today.

Clem Kadiddlehopper said...

Your blog is a welcome change from the left wing drivel that has "captured" the online comments section of the Northwest Herald.

Best wishes and another 1,000,000 comments!

Gus said...

Thanks, Clem K. Maybe the 2nd million will take only two years.