Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Made my calls. Did you?

I made my calls today against the gun-grabbing bills headed for the Illinois legislature and the Congress. Have you called?

I called
Rep. Jack Franks
Sen. Pamela Althoff
Rep. Randy Hultgren *
Sen. Dick Durbin
Sen. Mark Kirk

I reached live and friendly people except at Sen. Kirk's office, where an answering device accepted my message and contact information.

* I did have trouble with the Washington, D.C. phone number for Rep. Hultgren, where a recording informed me that I had reached a non-working number at the U.S. House of Representatives. I informed his Geneva, Ill. office of the problem. Possibly, it was because I was calling via VoIP.

The Illinois Senate is due to be in session at 3:00PM today. Will Senate President Cullerton pounce on those who are there? How many Senators will be there today? Will there be enough there to oppose his gun grab?

The Illinois House is due to be in session on Sunday at 5:00PM. Why Sunday? Has Speaker Madigan got something up his sleeve? Will enough Representatives be there to oppose his own gun-grab efforts?

Please call today. Express your own feelings and tell them what you want. What these so-called leaders are trying to do is disarm the law-abiding population! What's next?

1 comment:

Maverick50 said...

I feel any politician or in fact... anyone that tries to destroy and does not defend the Constitution of the United States, should be tried for Treason! If it were not for weapons, we would not be here. Hence the 2nd Amendment!