Saturday, January 5, 2013

Former Marine flames Feinstein

Three cheers for former Marine Joshua Boston. If someone sets up a fund for him, I'll contribute.

Read the HuffPost article about the letter he sent to Dianne Feinstein. Boston reminds Sen. Feinstein that she works for him, not the other way around. Boston's letter can be read on CNN.com.

I'm with him. I will not (grammarians will note that "will", when used in the first person, is more emphatic than "shall") register or surrender any weapons that I might own.


Just in case the media decided to remove his letter, here it is, in its entirety:

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government's right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma'am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl, United States Marine Corps
2004-2012

1 comment:

Mike said...

Three cheers for this Marine. I have two kids who served in the Marines as well. The Marines are the greatest!