Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sen. Feinstein - dumber than the average bear?

Sorry. My apologies to bears. No offense intended.

This morning I read this comment about a statement of California's Sen. Feinstein:

"After the deadly Aurora, Colorado shooting Feinstein criticized those who said responsible conceal carry permit holders could have stopped gunman James Holmes, saying '...and maybe you could have had a firefight and killed many more people. These are people in a theater.'"

Is she just plain stupid to be worried about a "firefight"? Are people just supposed to sit in their seats and wait to be killed?

So I visited her U.S. Senate website and sent an email to her.

Now look at her auto-response! She is one of 100 U.S. Senators, and she can't figure out that it's possible to email an out-of-state person?

"Thank you for sending me your electronic mail message. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

"Because of the volume of e-mail that is received by my office, we can only respond to email that includes a California postal address. Please resend the text of your e-mail message, including your postal address, and I will respond to you as soon as possible.

"Should you need additional information about the Congress, or my offices in Washington and California, please visit my homepage on the World Wide Web. The address is http://feinstein.senate.gov.

"Thank you again for contacting me, and I hope you will continue to do so in the future."

Do you suppose she could find someone in California who can read? My postal address was included in the information on her webform. OK, so I "get" that she isn't going to respond. I guess that means that my email automatically went into her trash. That's probably where all email to her goes.

It is patently untrue that they "can" only respond to email with a California postal address. Of course, she could respond, but she has decided that she isn't going to. I could "jimmy up" a California address, even use her own as an in-care-of address, but I won't. What if I accidentally violated some unknown Patriot Act law and caused the FBI to show up with for a no-warrant search that I couldn't tell my lawyer about.

What is this country coming  to? Yes! We do need to be worried about Government. And about Dianne Feinstein!

1 comment:

bill Matteson said...

I am almost positive She has a conceal carry permit
she is just another politician ..ok for me....... but not for you.