Thursday, August 18, 2011

Does the sheriff have a new car?

A shiny, white Chevrolet was parked this morning in the parking spot reserved for Unit 501 "Sheriff". Does Keith Nygren have a new car?

Now, if you happen to be driving along at the speed limit and minding your own business, and then you look in the mirror and see this white SUV with license plate 241 9465, don't get nervous or alarmed or disturbed. Not even if you are on McHenry Avenue in Crystal Lake, as some people are prone to do when they recognize a vehicle behind them.

Do not call the Crystal Lake Police and make a false report that you feel threatened. (It's OK to make a report, if you really do feel threatened.)

A funny thing about that Chevrolet is that it had no emblems or indication of a model, such as Yukon or Blazer. Only the Chevrolet emblem. There were no model insignia on the sides or rear of the vehicle.

Oh, and no I-Pass transponder. Instead, a large coin container. I wonder whether the owner or primary driver of that vehicle has ever heard that it is not a good idea to leave a large quantity of coins visible in a vehicle. Some miscreant will cause $500 worth of damage just to get at $20 worth of quarters. Think!

I think government vehicles get a pass on tolls, but wouldn't it make sense to use an I-Pass transponder that is coded for free passage, rather than requiring the I-Pass system to process and check a plate for non-payment of tolls and then excuse them?

7 comments:

Justin said...

S0 you got out and looked inside. When does your hatred stop?

Gus said...

Snidely, did you read somewhere that I "got out"?

After Nygren's little stunt in the Jewel-Osco parking lot, my hatred will stop when he is out of office or in jail - or both.

FatParalegal said...

How else would you know that there is a large coin container unless you got out and peered into the windows?

Justin said...

Gus you are a troll. The change container was visible without looking inside next to the suv? (NOT) Everyone knows your style and by denying it you just dirtied up the bridge you live under.

Gus said...

OK, Snidely, let me help you out here.

Before I took the picture, I had been on foot when I saw the Chev parked in 501's spot.

There is no law against looking in a vehicle parked in a public parking lot. Naturally, I didn't touch it or put my nose against the window.

I don't want my nose print in the crime-fighting computers!

Gus said...

OMG, Snidely, are you Keith? How did you know the change container was visible?

I hadn't guessed your ID until now!

Justin said...

You idiot.. how else could you SEE it and REPORT about it if it wasn't VISIBLE. Looks like you make a good case for “STALKING