Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Arrest - a chilling effect?

Woodstock attorney Mark Gummerson is quoted in the Northwest Herald as having said, "I don't think the court can underestimate the chilling impact of being arrested." Somebody pass me a barf bag!

Supposedly he said that to Judge Mahoney in Federal District Court in Rockford. Gummerson is representing an Algonquin attorney who is charged with trying to hire a hitman (several of them) to kill his girlfriend's ex-boyfriend.

Oh, my oh my. I am so sorry for poor Jason Smiekel. Somebody get him a blankie to warm him up.

Pitiful!!!

Just what was it that the boyfriend was going to spill to the ARDC?

Let's hope the prosecution stands tall for something a whole lot stronger than "home incarceration." How about $5,000,000  bail? Or maybe $10,000,000?

No comments: