Friday, January 15, 2010

Those nasty robocalls

Will there be voter backlash over robocalls?

Is anybody else tired already of the robocalls from political hopefuls?

Isn’t it interesting that, when robocalls were prohibited by telemarketers, our wonderful elected Illinois State Representatives and Senators voted to allow them – by politicians? Or is a Federal law that allows these intrusions by politicians and charities? Do we blame the members of U.S. House of Representatives and Senators for this nuisance?

If I get a robocall, it’s almost a sure thing that I will not vote for that candidate!

I can guarantee that you will not receive a robocall asking you to vote for me for Sheriff.

How do you feel about robocalls from political candidates? Vote in this week's survey.

2 comments:

mike said...

Mark it down, Gus... I gotta agree with you here. This is one of my pet peeves. I'm on the "Do Not Call" list yet these clowns are exempt, just like the telemarketing thieves hired by the FOP Lodges that constantly solicit for funds. When you point out to them (the live politicians (very scarce these days) or the FOP solicitors that you're on the list, they want to argue... "We are NOT governed by that law!" My usual comeback is to reply I'm on that list because I don't want to (and then insert some sage advice screamed in my ear by a loving drill instructor!) LOL!

Gus said...

Thanks, Mike! Ahhh, those "loving" DIs. Great guys, weren't they? I never had a female DI, but I'll long remember the ones from Lackland AFB.

I surprised one live caller last week, when I told her that I wouldn't be voting for her Republican candidate on Feb. 2, because I'd be voting a Green Party ballot. When I told her why, she said, "Well, uhhh, O.K." I could tell that she didn't "get" it.