Friday, January 29, 2010

Blogger receives threatening email

Dave Bachmann, author of the blog www.dirtykeithvsdirtyharry.blogspot.com/, has posted an email he received from a "fan". If you'd like to read that email, go to that blog. It's not for tender eyes. I was reminded of emails I received in the past two years and of my efforts to file a cyberstalking complaint locally.

The year's sheriff's campaign really has some people hot under the collar. Too bad they don't have the guts to step up and put their own names on their nastygrams.

What is cyberstalking?

You can read the statute for yourself at 720 ILCS 5/12-7.5 For some reason, I cannot get through the State website at www.illinois.gov tonight to access the Illinois Compiled Statutes. Maybe you'll have better luck than I.

You can report an Internet Crime by calling toll-free number to the Illinois State Police Internet Crimes Unit at 888-70-CRIME (888-702-7463). Or do it online at www.isp.state.il.us/icu/

No comments: