Saturday, January 23, 2010

Look guilty - clear out?

Take a look at this statement of Mike Kenyon, Kane County's GOP leader and chairman of the county board's judicial and public safety committee, from this morning's Dailly Herald article about Kane County Coroner Chuck West.

"He (West) is in line to get a pretty nice pension," Kenyon said. "If I was him (sic), I would ask myself, do I want to take a chance on losing my pension? Do I want to resign and walk away from this, or do I want to stand and fight? And if I stand and fight, am I willing to risk losing everything? If there's any truth to it, I would think his lawyer would be telling him to resign. But then again, not everyone listens to their lawyer." (http://dailyherald.com/story/?id=353263)

Kenyon appears to have already found West guilty.

Mike, if you are innocent, you stand and fight against allegations, insinuations, slander, libel, smoke, etc.

What would you do, if similarly suspected? Actually, West hasn't even been charged, according to the article.

I am more worried about this information: "While visiting the residence, police said, the coroner discovered a collection of guns and ammunition, which he turned over to police to be destroyed or recycled."

Why weren't the guns and ammo turned over to police for "safe-keeping" and then release to the executor of the estate or an heir? Who gave the police the right destroy or "recycle" property of a deceased?

No comments: