Monday, April 16, 2012

A "must read" - author John L. Work

I wish I could recall exactly how I recently came across the books of John L. Work. Perhaps I was browsing Amazon's Kindle offerings. In any event, I read his first book first, A Dark Obsession Times 2. It was a good mystery story, and I went right on to read his second book, Murder for Comfort. That too was a good detective story.

I tried to find an address for Work, even an e-mail address or a city of residence or the name of his publishing company, so that I could send a message to him. After reading his third book, I understand why he doesn't publish it.

His third book, A Summons to Perdition, should be required reading for every American. Perhaps every person around the world. Every non-Muslim person, that is. If you wonder why you should study and understand Islam, read this book. Then get busy and do your own research.

Let's just say that John Work is not a fan of Islam. Each chapter starts with a quote from the Quran or The Legacy of Jihad (by Andrew G. Bostom) or another source.

When I read his first book, he mentioned a book (Games Criiminals Play, by Allen & Bosta), and I assumed, initially, that, since Work's book was fiction (although based somewhat on a real case in which he had been involved as a police officer), then the book mentioned within the book was not a real book. Searching Amazon.com revealed that it was, indeed, a real book, as is The Legacy of Jihad.

What is your understanding of the "religion of peace"? Is it a religion of peace? Or is it not? If it's not, we'd better wake up fast and start paying attention - and taking action.

In A Summons to Perdition, published in 2011, Work wrote in Chapter 53, "The President of the United States spoke from a mosque in Egypt about the great contributions of Islam to the history and culture of the United States while jihadis (sic) blew up his own American soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq." Should scrutiny of President Obama and his religion intensify? 

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." ~ John Philpot Curran (1750-1817), Irish politician and judge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do read allot don't you? And some good interesting stuff I might add.
Despite what people might think TMB can't read, I in fact do! TMB reads the Uncle John's Bathroom Reader series (www.bathroomreader.com). Allot of funny stories and interesting facts.
Doh.