Friday, April 20, 2012

Calling the Woodstock Walmart

Have you been trying to reach the Woodstock Walmart? On its published telephone number of 815.206.0263? Good luck!

They are experiencing a business's nightmare, after ordering a revamping of their telephone system. Calls to that number ring unanswered. Not what Sam Walton would have wanted! Right? Right!

When I couldn't get through yesterday, I emailed a one-liner to the company via walmart.com

What response did I get? A very friendly and warm thank-you call from the Woodstock store. What a nice thought. I received two calls, not just one, thanking me for letting them know that there was a problem with phoning the store. All calls feed in through the trunk line, which is the number published on the Walmart website. And they hadn't known there was a problem until they got my e-mail.

The phone vendor is working to solve the problem. In the meantime, to call the Woodstock (Ill.) Walmart, dial 815.206.0256

Many businesses could take a lesson from Walmart's customer service in the Woodstock store. They haven't lost touch with thanking a customer.

No comments: