Friday, October 1, 2010

Coming soon ...


Coming soon to a yard near you ...
I didn't want to put signs out too early. You can guess what is going to happen to them around the county.
I can already imagine what will happen to the poor deputy who catches a thief stealing one of my signs. He'll probably be ridden out of the county on a rail, or tarred and feathered. Maybe both.
The signs will be out next week.
There is still time to contribute to my campaign. Just use the PayPal button to the right.
I'm reminded of the businessowner in Kansas City I called on for a membership in the Chamber of Commerce there. When he asked me what the membership was going to cost him, I told him he could pay just as much as he wanted to.
"How about $5.00?" he asked.
"That's $3.00 more than I thought I was going to get out of you," I replied.
He never asked another question about membership before telling his company's treasurer to write me a check for membership.
At his front door, he did ask one more question. "What do those folks up at the chamber office think of me?"
I looked him right in the eye and said, "Sir, you wouldn't want me to tell you."
He had been buying full-page ads in the Sunday paper to lambast the politicians and bureaucrats in Kansas State Government. He was telling the truth, and they hated him. A couple of years later, at about age 68, he got elected to the legislature! He is one of the special people I have met in my life!
Many thanks to Mike Lehman of McHenry Printing Services for his help my initial order of signs. I dealt with Mike because of his offers of help in the case of missing person Beth Bentley. Mike gave me accurate, fast turn-around service on my sign design and order.

No comments: