Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Roll up those sleeves!

The Chicago Tribune gave me a nice mention following the Illinois Policy Institute forum for candidates at MCC. And, while I had rolled up my sleeves at a previous forum (why didn't we have debates?), I didn't do it that night.

Said the Tribune on October 12:

"Green Party candidate Gus Philpott, 71, of Woodstock, stressed citizen rights and manpower distribution, including residents’ right to bare (sic) arms.

"'I pledge not to confiscate weapons from law-abiding citizens during an emergency,' he said. 'I’ve heard enough complaints and am ready to step up. I’d be a one-term sheriff, and clean up the mess and leave it in good hands for the next sheriff.'”

Yet I do thank the Tribune reporter. Any press is good press.

And it's true. Elect me on Nov. 2 and McHenry County will get a one-term sheriff. I'll buy that broom I've been talking about (and forgot to buy early in the campaign season) and clean house at 2200 N. Seminary Ave., Woodstock.

And the jailers will stop spraying cleaner on inmates' tables and will spend their time doing Jailer work, not maintenance work.

No comments: