Thursday, October 21, 2010

Philpott - more experience than Nygren

When I read the Daily Herald's endorsement of Nygren for Sheriff, my first thought was "No surprise."

Second thought? That's an endorsement? They might as well have endorsed him because he is the tallest man in the race or the heaviest man in the race. Or the man with the most homes in other states.

But then I realized that I actually have more experience as a deputy sheriff than Keith Nygren does.

He has never worked as a deputy in a jail; I have.
He has never worked a dispatcher's console for a sheriff's department; I have.
He has never driven a squad car for a sheriff's department on numerous shifts; I have.
He has never ridden a motorcycle on traffic patrol; I have.
He has never driven a squad car 100 miles through the Colorado mountains to a state prison to pick up an prisoner with a due date in court and had to drive back while out of radio range.

Nygren doesn't have any experience as a deputy sheriff! He has been only an appointed or elected Sheriff.

The Daily Herald referred to Nygren's 42 years of experience. Keith, what was the name of the first department you were with and why did you leave that department?

The Daily Herald called Democratic challenger Mahon's plan to save $1,000,000/year at MCSD "ham-handed and naive."

At least, they mentioned that I am running. Which I am.

No comments: