Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Still considering Yes on Ill. Constitutional Amendment?

If you are thinking of voting "Yes" for the Illinois Constitutional amendment to recall a governor, be sure to read Cal Skinner's article on http://www.mchenrycountyblog.com/

What did Cal, a former State legislator, have to say about the amendment, which was proposed by Woodstock's own Rep. Jack Franks?

Cal wrote, "It is worse than useless, because it gives the appearance of reform. It is not."

See the article at http://mchenrycountyblog.com/2010/10/17/the-jack-franks-recall-amendment-fraud/

But you needn't take Cal's word for it, or mine. Read the official notice to all residents of Illinois from Illinois of State Jesse White. Ask yourself if it would be worth $101,000,000. Would it be used for political threats?

OPM. That is what is so easy for legislators to spend. Other Peoples' Money.

2 comments:

JK said...

I would think if you are going to quote someone from a published article you would copy paste?????

That way you don't misspell a direct quote.

Gus said...

J, I could be wrong, but I think I did copy and paste the quote, and I think the error was in the original, which has since been corrected. And I've corrected it above.

Thanks for your comment, so that I could correct it.