Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Even a quarter counts

At last night's candidates' forums at MCC, something Kathie Schultz during the County Clerk forum reminded me that I owed her office a quarter. Back on September 20th one of her clerks allowed me to skate away without paying the two-bits for a photocopy of a letter I had delivered. I didn't have my wallet in my pocket and was in a hurry, so I said I'd come back and pay.

And I intended to. I even made myself a note to do so. And then I must have tossed the note (my To-Do Lists are far too long), and the debt slipped my mind. I'm not sure what Kathie said, but the light bulb came on during the forum.

It was just before 7:00PM, when I was in the building at 667 Ware Road for a meeting. When I asked the guard if I could just take an envelope with the coin and slide it under the door to the County Clerk's office, he told me that Kathie was in her office.

What? And she was! Now there is a hard-working, loyal, County elected official - in her office, working well after 5:00PM. She gets my vote on Nov. 2!!!

Thank you for the big smile, Kathie, when I paid up!

No comments: