Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Was it CALEA's fault?

I just realized whose fault it was that the undercover car was being gassed up at the County pond. CALEA did it!

All that paperwork, all those reports, all those processes and standards - - they are responsible. Wasn't it DownByTheRiver who agreed with me that a business could have a faulty process but, as long as they described it correctly in their reports, then the company would be recognized as certified? The example was with ISO 9000, but it fits CALEA, too.

I'd love to hear from some of the detectives about their orders where to gas up. Did any complain about gassing at the County Sheriff's Department pump? I'd be willing to bet that some did and that they got put in their places. Did some say that they wanted to "live" their cover and recognize the dangers of gassing up at the MCSD pump?

Is it true that it's not a good career move to argue with your supervisors at the McHenry County Sheriff's Department? By "argue", I mean question, disagree, propose alternative ways to do things.

Is it a "I'm the boss, and you'll damn well do it my way, or else" atmosphere?

I don't know the answer to that question. Such an atmosphere would be stifling and dangerous.

No comments: