Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ouch! those barbs are sharp!

Angela Ginger Montgomery has posted the following message on the original Facebook page for the missing Beth Bentley.

What am I putting it here?

Those who have been following this case closely are chasing many leads. Yes, the police are doing what police do. There are others who feel that there are additional things to be done.

Statements about certain persons being "cleared by LE" (Law Enforcement) have persisted on that first Facebook page for almost three months now. Nothing could be further from the truth. The police are not going to "clear" anyone and say so, because they might turn up evidence pointing right at that person and, if there is one thing that cops don't want on their faces, it is mud.

Angela has not liked it when anyone made negative comments about goings-on in the Bentley family. Those goings-on are just facts, and they are part of the investigation by police and inquiries by others. Yes, they are awkward and uncomfortable. Talking about them does not make them less so, and it makes them neither better nor worse.

Here is Angela's message to 7,500 Facebook followers:

"I would like for it to be known that I have personally removed GP (that's Gus Philpott) from this group. I have found the writings and posts of GP to be reckless and harmful to the ongoing efforts to find Beth. Those comments have caused unnecessary pain and anguish to Beth's Family, her friends and all those that care about finding her.

"GP feels entitled to make these comments in the name of free speech and has no consequences of printing anything he wants. I, personally, would hate to be a target of this type of person and his writing.

"Since GP has been removed it has also removed all his previous posts. Although this is unintentional, it is the way the FB works.

"I have also blocked any further communication personally with this man. I respectfully ask that there are NO FURTHER POSTS or REPOSTS of anything in his blog. Mr. GP will have to find other outlets for his gossip as it will not be tolerated here and I will personally delete any reference to anything he has written.

"Please know that this decision has not been made lightly. I have endured three months of his comments, contacts and twisting of my words. I do appreciate his interest in Beth's case, however, when anyone's involvement becomes more harmful than helpful it is no longer about finding Beth, it is about a personal agenda.

"If you would like to discuss this with me OFFLINE please feel free. I will not take to the public pages to discuss this again."

Let me add here about my last communication with Angela Montgomery and Ray Flavin, which was earlier today. It was a short, polite message to inform them of an error in the phone number for the Woodstock Police Department on the Project Jason missing-persons website. In spite of their bashing and lies, I was still willing to communicate with them about an error that needs to be fixed. They weren't even gracious enough to say Thank You.

No comments: