Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Oops, playing around too much

"You bash 'em; we trash 'em."

On my home phone I don't have CallerID so, when my phone rang this afternoon, I figured I knew who it was, and that was how I answered the phone. Oops!

Had it been the expected caller, we both might have had a good laugh. But it was a professional calling from our community, and I quickly issued an apology; then we had our laugh.

I needed a good laugh today, and I'm glad that I can laugh at myself! And I appreciated the courtesy he showed me, in spite of how I answered the phone. Thanks!

1 comment:

FatParalegal said...

One day, when the kids were little, I was especially harried. The phone rang and I answered, "YEAH?!?!?" and then realized my mistake and quickly apologized.

I was lucky it was my grandpa :-)