Friday, August 20, 2010

I wish I had ...


How many times have you said, "I wish I had a camera"?

For me, I notice "milestones" on the odometer. You know; like 1,000, 10,000, 100,000. Just waiting for the one that reads 1,000,000.

Yesterday it was 66,666.6. Not on the car; on the motorcycle. As I left the garage in the morning, I thought, "I hope I can stop when it's all sixes." Then off to Cary to pick up a small part for a friend. As I approached Woodstock on the return trip, I glanced at the odometer and began thinking about where it might read all sixes.

Fortunately, I was not in the middle of 14 & 47. Just a little farther west, I was able to pull over (safely) onto the shoulder and record this "moment in history."

1 comment:

Richard W Gorski, M.D. said...

You little devil you! Sending subliminal messages to your readers.Next time I see you I will have a bottle of holy water with me.