Tuesday, August 3, 2010

By golly, Rivera WAS a cop

Yesterday's Northwest Herald reported that Crystal Lake businessman Jose Rivera had been a Huntley police officer, and I wondered about that. Surely, the NWH wouldn't write something that wasn't true.

And it was true.

The Huntley P.D. confirms that Jose Rivera was employed as a part-time police officer from 7/1/1994 until 9/15/1994. Two months. No, wait; 2 1/2 months.

I didn't ask Huntley P.D. how many hours he worked in those 75 days, and I won't bother them for that information. I appreciated the speedy response to my FOIA request. Thanks, Chief Perkins!

Let's see; 2 1/2 months, almost 16 years ago. When the NWH published that Rivera was "a local businessman and a former Huntley police officer", it was right. Does that make him highly qualified to be a Special Advisor to the county sheriff? Or even qualified?

Or is there another way to become a Special Advisor?

No comments: