Friday, September 25, 2009

Opera House Schedule - stale

This morning I was checking the schedule for upcoming events ("Current Season" and "Now Playing") at the Woodstock Opera House, and I couldn't help wondering why the schedule still shows the programs for August 22, August 28, August 29 and September 12. And no programs coming up.

Surely, with $30.00, $20.00, $28.00 and $23.00 ticket prices, respectively, there must be money to update the website.

Maybe I'm the only one who is "a little" sensitive to these ticket prices for a city government-owned entertainment venue. I'd love to attend more events there, but ticket prices keep me away. Is this true for anyone else?

I don't have an expense account to pad for an evening's entertainment. I still consider $100-150 for an evening's entertainment as a lot of money. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

If prices were lower, would otherwise-empty seats be filled? Would higher attendance result in more sales of refreshments next door at Stage Left Cafe (and maybe even at the property-tax-paying eateries and bars within walking distance of the Opera House)?

No comments: