Sunday, September 27, 2009

Democratic candidate for sheriff

At this afternoon's Diversity Day event on the Woodstock Square, I stopped by the display table of the Democratic Party to say Hello and inquired whether the party would have a candidate in the race for Sheriff.

And right there, on the left end of the table, on a clipboard, was a petition for Mike Mahon. Welcome to the race, Mike.

I had hoped to speak with him tonight, but I can't seem to find a telephone number online for him. Mike lives in Lake in the Hills. If a reader knows him, will you please ask Mike to call me at 815.338.2666? Or e-mail me at gus@woodstockadvocate.com?

For many years since I moved to McHenry County (in 1996) I have said, "No major office should go uncontested." This year's race is going to be interesting and exciting.

No comments: