Monday, September 14, 2009

No delay entering courthouse


I was pleased to be able to enter the McHenry County Government Center quickly and without question this morning, and my campaign cards were not questioned at all. (To enlarge the image, click on it; then click on the "Back" button on your browser to come back here.)
I dutifully emptied my pockets and placed pens, keys, cell phone, wallet and business cards in the plastic tray for its ride through the scanner.
Nary a question delayed my entry, and I appreciated the courtesy and the friendly greeting this morning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... nice card. Not even any chocolate or ketchup smears on it! What about a tie... were you wearing one?

Zane said...

I have a friend that had some business cards for your guy Zane. He went into the courthouse and they took the cards. Called them paraphernalia. Said this was Keith Nygrens building. Took all five cards and wouldn't return them. My guy called a lawyer. My guy was also black. I guess when it's you Gus it's just business cards, when it's a black guy it's paraphernalia. Alls equal in McHenry County. YEAH RIGHT!

Gus said...

HarryB, I heard that story while I was in South Carolina. Was going to stay there longer, but decided I had to come back and check it out myself.

Unknown said...

Nobody questioned it because you are a joke!

Karen30036 said...

Will they take my A.C.L.U. card away from me? I'd hate to have the swat team show up because I refuse to let them take it from me.