Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hot rod mama - BLNDEZ 2

Danica Patrick, here's a message for you. Move over. You've got competition.

There is a woman driver in Woodstock who needs to get the message that U.S. 14 is not the fast track to NASCAR fame.

Last Thursday, about 7:35AM, I was on the way to MCC for a seminar. I must have missed the starter with the checkered flag near Culver's, but the driver of a red Pontiac with Illinois license "BLNDEZ 2" saw him and put the pedal to the metal.

She stomped on the accelerator, passed a car on the right, switched lanes to the inside lane, flew past the next car in the right lane, and raced up behind me at the lane drop just east of Culver's. If there had been room, she would have squeezed past me but I had the lane. She demonstrated her displeasure by closing in on the back of my fast and coming up very, very close. Like, "Hey, buddy. Out of the way!"

Now the "lady" (actually, no lady at all) was more than mildly irritated to find herself in a no-passing zone and behind a driver who was, of all the outrageous things, observing the 55MPH speed limit, and then observing the lower, but posted, 50MPH speed limit. And all the way to MCC. A few times I thought she might disregard the no-passing zone and blow right by me.

She was so close several times that I could read her front license plate in my rearview mirror and, for these tired old eyes, that's close.

I've seen her before on U.S. 14 in the morning. Somewhere in my notes, I've got her license plate from at least one of those previous encounters of the third kind.

The next time? That will be Strike Three. Then I will contact the appropriate law enforcement agency and invite her to explain to a traffic court judge just what her hurry was. And it won't be 1:1; I'll arrange for at least one other witness.

Anybody know her?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So you see her on more than one occasion? STALKER!!!!!

Gus said...

You got it, ace. She is in such a hurry for me to stalk her that she recklessly passes cars behind me to catch up and then tailgates me so that I can read her front license plate and see her face in my rearview mirror.

Kind of gives a new meaning to stalking, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Ha... you say she was so close you could "read her front plate" from your rearview mirror??? That's not close at all buster... I got people riding my rear so close I can only see the top of their hood!!!
I'd love to jam on my brakes and have them kiss my rear. But I'd spill my beer...
DOH!

Gus said...

Guess I should have included that I could her license plate number in the small space below the spoiler on the bug.

Someday I'll measure just how close a vehicle has to be behind me for the front plate to appear in that space.

"But, Ossifer, that deer really did run across the road right in front of me, and that's why I had to jam on my brakes."

Don't spill that beer on your new coveralls.

Martin Penwald said...

So, you were NOT watching the road in front of you, but watching the action behind you, for a good 200 yards? Geeze...I sure don't want to find you driving behind me, as we might end up exchanging insurance information-after you ram into me because you were distracted.

"And it won't be 1:1; I'll arrange for at least one other witness."

Let's get this straight. By this sentence you mean you are going to set someone up? How do you 'arrange' a witness? I see McHenry County politics have rubbed off on you.