Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"Luckily, there are more of us..."

Very often, words of wisdom come from the younger crowd.

Yesterday I was picking up fliers (my Wanted posters) in a Woodstock print shop. As I handed one to an employee, I asked for her vote. She asked why she ought to vote for me.

I told her I was going to put a stop to deputies' beating up elderly folks and then arresting them. And that I was going to change the practice of automatically not citing deputies who cause accidents. I added, "If you cause an accident, you are going to get a ticket; right?"

And then I said, "You can imagine how popular that makes me with some of the cops around here."

Here's where her words of wisdom popped out.

She said, "Fortunately, there are more of us than there are of them."

Be sure to show up at the polls on November 2 and vote Gus in as the new Sheriff of McHenry County! I'm Gus Philpott, and I approve of this message!

No comments: