Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Open Letter to Dep. Oligney

Dear Kyle,

I'd like to invite you to meet for coffee one day and get acquainted. Some of your colleagues seem to think that I hate cops, but that's not true.

In any incident, what's important for me is the truth. I would enjoy getting acquainted with you and discussing the crash that occurred on Greenwood Road.

One of the things that I wonder about is the speed of the squad car as you approached the two southbound vehicles. I'm sure the Department will pull the black box and get the reading for the speed, but I'm wondering what you think the read-out will be. Or perhaps you already know.

It is reported that you had the lights and siren operating, although the women drivers did not indicate hearing the siren. I know that drivers often don't hear sirens, especially when windows are all the way up, A/C is on, radios are on, and maybe cell phones are in use. That doesn't really matter, since the I.V.C. doesn't require sirens when emergency lights are used.

I understand that the occupants of all three vehicles were treated and released. I hope you're okay.

Please let me know a good time to talk.

Thanks,
Gus Philpott

No comments: