Wednesday, March 23, 2011

That's all, folks

Just received an email about the conclusion of the Bianchi witch hunt and then read in the Northwest Herald that the judge ended the case after the prosecution rested.

Common sense prevailed in McHenry County, raising its seldom-seen head at 2200 N. Seminary Ave.

I just said to a friend yesterday that perhaps, now, the Office of the State's Attorney will have a little better understanding of how a defendant feels, since the forces of "justice" were slammed against their own heads.

Will the County pay for Lou Bianchi's defense costs?

I thought the whole charade was a joke. Except numerous felony charges are no joking matter. What do you suppose Bianchi's defense cost him? In dollars, I mean. The emotional cost will be much higher, even with the outcome as it is.

The prosecution of a person charged is a serious matter, and it must be so considered by all. When the State's Attorney's Office "wins" a case, it is no time for high five's or congratulatory handshakes in the courtroom. Obviously, I'm thinking of previous cases here.

4 comments:

FatParalegal said...

I don't think the State's Attorney cares how many lives he destroys as long as he gets another checkmark in the "win" column. I read those press releases, and he sounds pretty happy when he wins a case.

Gus said...

Whitmore2, did you see comment?

“I will never forget ever in my life what it’s like to be falsely accused,” Bianchi said as he held his wife’s hand. “I will carry that to my grave.”

FatParalegal said...

I remain skeptical...

FatParalegal said...

In today's Daily Herald, Bianchi says that this ordeal won't change the way he prosecutes cases. No, I didn't think so.