Thursday, June 10, 2010

Is this sign permitted?


For the past few weeks I've been wondering whether this sign is permitted by City Code.

I happen to really like Pre-Paid Legal Service. I have belonged to it for more than five years, and I even had first signed up in 1986, when I lived in Denver.

It's a pre-paid plan for legal services. For $17.00/month your family and you can have important legal services. As a matter of fact, I am a Pre-Paid Legal Service representative and sell their plans and also sponsor others to become Pre-Paid Legal Service representatives.

But I also happen to believe that this sign is not permitted under the Woodstock City Code. While it appears to be off the right-of-way, it is displayed in front of a business that has no relationship to legal services.

4 comments:

Franker said...

" As a matter of fact, I am a Pre-Paid Legal Service representative..." Well Gussy, shouldn't you be taking the sign down then since you are a representative?

Gus said...

Frank, you know as well as I do that it's not my sign.

If I removed the sign, that would be theft.

Notawannabee said...

Pre paid legal services on;y provides second rate lawyers, bought and sold by first rate fools.

Gus said...

Nota, you couldn't be more wrong. The lawyers are excellent, and they give accurate advice. Quickly, too.

And those who sell the memberships? They explain the service clearly, so that Members know what they are getting for their monthly fee.

I find that the lawyers call me back promptly and they are unhurried when they talk. I don't have to worry about their "meters" running at $5-6-7/minute while we are talking.

There is even a special plan for law enforcement officers. I invite you to check it out.