Thursday, June 3, 2010

Texas-style motorcycle seat


I don't often go for impulsive buying but, if I saw this on sale at Randy's Cycles, I think I'd have to order one. What a great idea!

The only improvement I'd make is to switch the holster to the left side of the seat. My right hand is needed for the throttle.
Oh, yes; there is the minor, pesky problem that in Illinois I'd have to store the pistol in a "container" until I could get to the state line.
Let's see; what would a good container be? A backpack? Saddlebag? Rats! No console on a motorcycle!
Anybody in Illinois for a new State holiday - Illinois Empty Holster Day?
When I'm elected Sheriff of McHenry County, you can count on me to get busy, pushing for a concealed carry law in Illinois - and without the watering-down restriction of local approval before the State Police could issue a permit.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Open carry is not lawful in Texas. I think this may be from AZ where they do this lawful. Agreed it is on the wrong side of the seat. The colors of the cop cage tend to make me think AZ as well......can we get a zoom on the car door?

Gus said...

I can't enlarge either enough to read the lettering on the squad car or on the tag on the motorcycle seat.

There is a map on www.opencarry.org that shows the states where open carry is permitted. You're right; Texas is not one of them. Neither is Oklahoma, Arkansas, New York, Florida, South Carolina and, of course, Illinois.

The legend with the map reads, "Open Carry of a Loaded Gun". I wonder if a person could carry an unloaded gun openly in some of those states.

Now I'll have to re-read Illinois law. Almost no one here will push concealed carry in a "container", such as a fanny pack or zippered DayTimer-style planner/holster.

Gus said...

Thanks to a caller from New York this morning, I searched the internet and found that this seat was custom-made by Wicked Cactus Leather in El Paso, Texas. See it on Page 2 of the seats at www.wickedcactusleather.com/

Gus said...

Be advised that, even though Wisconsin has open carry (but does not permit concealed carry), a gun in this holster in Wisconsin would probably be illegal. Wisconsin does not include motorcycles as "vehicles" for open carry purposes.

Troy Clark said...

He isn't "carrying" it at all, this is no different than a deer rifle in the window of a pickup. And if we followed the constitution, he could carry it open or concealed in any us state.