Sunday, June 6, 2010

Who is Ryan Ridge?

Ryan Ridge was identified in a comment on Jenn Wyatt's Facebook page as the male friend Jenn went to visit in Mt. Vernon, Ill., accompanied by Beth Bentley.

He was also identified in a private e-mail to me regarding Beth's visit to Mt. Vernon.

He's not exactly an unknown to Woodstock area law enforcement. One comment mentioned he was a Woodstock High School graduate in (I think the year was 1998). When I returned to Jenn Wyatt's Facebook page a few minutes later, all the comments had been removed. There had been many about the search for Beth and how much Jenn missed her and how important it was to find Beth. Now all the comments, including comments to the comments, are gone.

For background on Ryan Ridge, you can visit http://www.mchenrycircuitclerk.org/ and then click on "Case Information Search"; then search by Party Name.

On Jenn's Facebook page, Ryan Ridge is listed as a Friend, but his page has no content at all.

5 comments:

QT said...

Good investigating Gus!!! Ryan is the same age as my brother, he would have graduated in 2001. I talked with my brother this morning, he is currently in FL. My brother told me Ryan was into some pretty hard drugs the last time they spoke D :

FatParalegal said...

Whoever he is, what he did in the past didn't make the local media...

Another Lawyer said...

Oh blurg....Ryan Ridge doesn't have anything to do with this ... except his has a criminal record ... great innuendo Gus, did you ever figure out that the driver of the "rolling meth lab" was the guy's mother?

Also, great news work posting a comment where someone implies that someone told him that a third person has a drug problem ... priceless.

Your insight here is neither deep, nor founded.

Gus said...

A.L., check out www.mchenrycircuitclerk.org

Also, www.judici.com/courts/cases/case_search.jsp?court=IL041025J&litigant_name=RIDGE

The only connection is that the missing woman's traveling companion apparently went to visit him in Mt. Vernon and she was seen with Ridge the night before she disappeared.

It's a start, which is more than you have provided.

Another Lawyer said...

I am supposed to critique, Gus. I am not tasked with investigating or providing information.

I enjoy your site, and I agree with you and strongly disagree with you, depending on the subject.

I don't believe that a jab about me providing information is the type of illumination your looking for from me.


As providing the public court record website, I obviously use it every day (as well as the paid subcription service from the clerk).

Although I didn't need it in this case because I already had knowlege of Ryan Ridge's cases (which you probably knew already).

Let's keep the dialoge honest, and I promise to only be snarky when you are leaving out large parts of the counter-arguments.