Friday, June 4, 2010

Politicking on Memorial Day

Sorry, but in my opinion Memorial Day parades and activities are the wrong time for politicking.

It seems that Sally Wiggins chose that day to conduct campaigning and petition signature collection in Johnsburg. And a nice Mahon family photo on McHenry County Blog showed them all sporting campaign t-shirts at Woodstock Memorial Day activities.

Memorial Day was the day to honor the memory of this country's fallen soldiers.

Politicking can wait for another day.

Much as I want to win the race for Sheriff in McHenry County, I do not intend to pester people for votes at holiday gatherings, parades or fairs. You won't be there to get hit on for votes; I presume you'll be there for the spirit of the event or to have fun.

3 comments:

M.U.G. said...

Politicians have no scruples.

They are after 3 things:
One is get elected,
two is stay in office, and
Three is rake in the money.

No, make that 4 things.
Four is pass on their office to their kids.

No, make that 5 things.
Five is strive to attain as much power as you can get.

No, make that 6 things.......

It amazes me that people aren't sick and tired of career politicians yet. Time to vote them OUT regardless of party and get people in who want to make life better for everyone. There is enough resources of this earth for everyone if you get the politicians out of the picture.

Gus said...

Thanks for your comment, M.U.G. I agree with you that that is true. I, however, will be a one-term sheriff, if I'm elected. I shall clean up the messes and leave the place clean for the next sheriff.

Another Lawyer said...

Yes, participating in government should never be done on Memorial Day where we remember those who participated in government.