Monday, March 22, 2010

Woodstock Advocate passes the 200,000 mark

A little over a year ago, I installed a counter on this blog, after I was informed by the attorney for the City of Woodstock that I had had only 2,000 blog views in a year and didn't have enough readers for them to consider (positively) providing me with Woodstock PD crime reports for a new blog I was starting, called www.WoodstockCrimeLog.info

At that time, this blog had been up and running for almost two years. That 2,000 figure interested me, because I didn't have a counter on the blog. Later I did find one in the background, but it recorded only the views of my profile.

So, on 1/3/2009 I installed a counter. Right now it reads 200,090!

This count is of "page" views, not unique viewers. Each time you look at a page, a view is recorded. But I'll accept it, regardless of the method.

Many thanks to each reader and also to those who submit comments. Almost every comment is published, unless it contains profanity, unsubstantiated anonymous attack or links to inappropriate websites.

May I invite you to pick an article of interest to you and forward it to someone, anyone? Just click on the small envelope at the bottom of the article to forward it. The recipient's email address is confidential and not shown to me.

Or just tell others about WoodstockAdvocate.com

And, if you have a suggestion for an article, please let me know.

Thanks, Readers!

No comments: