Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Email? SnailMail? JailMail...

The Jail Mail system is partially broken and, if you are trying to add money to your account so that you can send e-mail to a detainee or inmate at the McHenry County Jail (or probably elsewhere), you'll just have to wait.

When I tried to add funds this morning to pay for the $0.50/page cost of email to detainees and inmates, I got an error page a few times and then tried to notify the support team at the out-sourced email system. The email to the email address on their website was undeliverable, and I emailed the McHenry County Jail and requested assistance. They responded, providing a number for a Help Desk at the out-sourced business and also offering to place the call.

It was easier and faster for me to call, which I did at 2:30pm. A customer service rep re-directed me to I.T. and gave me the number. They confirmed the problem after following the steps I had used and opened a service ticket. It's still not fixed, and they said just now that it will be a while longer. Apparently, they migrated to a new server and have major headaches now.

So be patient... they are working on it.

No comments: