Sunday, March 28, 2010

Eric Woods MIA from NWH?

The article in the print edition of this morning's Northwest Herald about Deputy Eric Woods is nowhere to be found on http://www.nwherald.com/ Several people have contacted me to ask about it. What can I say? Call the Northwest Herald.

Why would the Northwest Herald not put that article up online, where readers can read Keith Nygren's explanation that Eric Woods had an injury like "road rash"?

Or did they publish it, and then pull it down for a re-write?

For the time-being, I'm glad that I still fork out the $13/month for the print edition of the Northwest Herald. Once that paper hits my doorstep, it's too late for them to edit an article and remove embarrassing explanations of serious injuries.

When a bullet fragment hits a leg and causes a "gusher", it's not "road rash."

2 comments:

FatParalegal said...

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I see the article "Accident Injures Deputy" online. It shows up on the RRS feed too. So far, one comment has been made.

I did notice that the article on the Huntley couple arrested on drug charges disappeared mighty quick. And no mugshots provided, even though HPD *does* release mugshots for publication.

Gus said...

Whitmore2, many thanks. After clicking through "Local & Region" and then "More Local Headlines" and then scrolling down, I found the article headline.

Too bad the NWH chose to "minimize" the importance of this article, with position and the erroneous information in the article and the failure to make it searchable by "Nygren".