Thursday, April 22, 2010

Moms get fast action from D-200

Recently I published a letter from Rosalinda Seipler to District 200, questioning its policy of a lottery for the district's youngest students in a bilingual program.

District 200 read and listened to her and other moms and took fast, positive action.

Thanks to Rosalinda and the other moms and to Supt. Wrzeski and her staff for really listening. Here's the letter:

"District 200 School Board and Administrators,

"I am writing this letter to thank Superintendent Ellyn Wrzeski, Assistant Superintendent Nancy Reczek, District 200 School Board, and Bilingual Coordinator Keely Krueger for the prompt response and resolution to our concerns regarding the Kindergarten programs. I spoke with several parents whose children will now be attending the new “Full Day” classes and they are all very happy and excited with the District’s decision.
"I commend District 200 for their willingness to hear out parents and take their concerns seriously. I am proud my child will begin her formal schooling in a school district that cares about equality in education.

"Sincerely,
"Rosalinda Seipler"

No comments: