Thursday, March 14, 2013

Why does Quinn obstruct concealed carry?

The Associated Press article published in this morning's Northwest Herald causes me to ask why Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn continues to obstruct the desire of law-abiding citizens to exercise the right to protect themselves outside their homes.

In December a Federal court struck down Illinois law that prohibits concealed carry. Quinn wants Attorney General Lisa Madigan to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court. Supposedly, Quinn told a reporter that "The only hope now would be to appeal to the U.s. Supreme Court." Then why is Madigan appealing to the Illinois Supreme Court, claiming that the Federal Court's decision doesn't apply to Illinois?

Quinn's reference to a (gun) violence "epidemic" in "parts of the state" means Chicago - the "part" of the state controlled by the Democratic machine. The epidemic is caused by criminals, not by law-abiding gun owners. But Quinn lines right up with Obama, Feinstein, Bloomberg, and Emanuel by aiming at the law-abiding citizen, not the criminal.

More than half the audience at the February 2nd Chicago South Side townhall meeting held by Illinois Sen. Mattie Hunter (D-Ill. Senate Dist. 3) and Illinois Rep. Ken Hunter (D-Ill. House Dist. 5) indicated they would apply for a concealed carry license.

I'll bet that a door-to-door canvass of Chicago residents would reveal that residents want the right to protect themselves. They are the ones being shot at daily. Their elected representatives won't ask all of them or make it easy for all of them to say how they feel.

Yesterday I spoke with a young black woman who lives and works in Chicago. She said, "I hate guns. I think assault weapons should be banned. I think armor-piercing bullets should be banned. I think straw purchases should be banned."

When I told her that all three already were banned, I could tell I wasn't getting through to her brain. She has been brain-washed by the anti-gunners.

No comments: