Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Rockford Tea Party FB administrator - a light-weight!

Earlier this afternoon I began reading a thread on the Facebook page of "Rockford Tea." Not because I'm a Tea Party kind of guy, but I was interested in Saturday's event on Saturday morning in Rockford, where I hoped to learn more from Ill. State Sen. Dave Syverson (R-35 (Rockford)).

After reading one particularly offensive remark made by the Site Administrator to a poster, I asked the Administrator to identify himself by name and informed him that he was wrong in certain claims he was making about concealed carry and the Second Amendment.

The Administrator responded almost immediately, "Rockford Tea said, "Gus philpott...actually please point out your objections specifically...otherwise i can only view your post as a personal attack."

I prepared this reply but, before I could post it, he had blocked me. "@Rockford Tea, you said to Keith Turner 2 hrs. ago, "you obviously cannot read, because if you could read, you would reread what the Second Amendment .." That is said in a condescending, demeaning manner. You are stating your beliefs, not the law. Here in Illinois, we are still governed by the law. So, again, will you please identify yourself?

So, he had asked me for information about my objections, but he was afraid to wait for my reply. That is the chicken's way out.

Then he sent me the following message:

"Rockford Tea
"I am afraid I will have to delete you from the event gus and block you from further interactions. Personal attacks on my page are not allowed sir."

 Whew! Talk about a thin skin!!!

This is perhaps one good reason why I avoid the Tea Partiers. Too many of them are not interested in facts or information. This guy, whoever he is, hiding behind the anonymity of "Rockford Tea", assumes the holier-than-thou attitude of "I'm right; you're wrong, and you're blocked!"

3 comments:

Know better said...

Wow, Gus. That's just what you do every time you don't print a post you don't like.

Gus said...

Actually, not. I print many posts I don't like.

Unknown said...

Gus printed one of my posts last week in which he was criticized.