Tuesday, June 25, 2013

How will ISP ever issue CWLs?

I guess we need to give up all hope that the Illinois State Police will be able to understand the legislature's directive about regulations for the concealed carry license. ISP apparently cannot even understand a simple written request.

On June 5 I emailed the ISP and asked for some information. I wrote,
"Will you please let me know the number of FOID card 
applications received in March, April and May 2013? 
When will this information be posted on your 
webpage? http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/foidinfo.cfm


For background, the number of FOID card applications in the last three months posted were
December 2012: 31,249
January 2013: 61,172
February 2013: 56,078

Today I received this reply:

"*This chart only reflects the number of applications 
received"

 More accurately, the reply should have read, "This chart only reflects the number of applications received and posted."

So I'm left to wonder, what part of "received in March, April and May 2013" could they not have understood?

No comments: