Saturday, February 19, 2011

Island Lake trustee candidate Joe Ptak

Island Lake businessman Joe Ptak is a candidate for trustee on the Island Lake Village Board. The election is April 5. Joe is very concerned about how the Village of Island Lake is currently being run. Joe recently sent me the following email, which is quoted in its entirety.

From Joe Ptak:


Our past two (2) mayors have been indicted, along with other village personnel.  In the last three (3) years our town has spent $684,316 for "legal" services ($250,000 in 2010).  People tell me we live in a small corrupt town (pop. 8,080), with a shady past, and I should be careful with what I say.
 
Since 2000, our town has lost 6% of its total population, while all surrounding towns have experienced a growth in their population. 
 
Twice in my life I have had to take the following oath...once as a new citizen to our country and once when I volunteered to serve in our military:
 
"...I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;..."
 
I intend to take that oath one more time as a new Trustee on the Island Lake Village Board.

 
The pay for VOIL Trustee is $100.00 per meeting.  The cost of freedom is much higher.
 
Please help my running mates Shannon Fox, Thea Morris and me to reclaim our small but proud town.
 

No comments: