Monday, February 7, 2011

Dr. Oz features hypnotist

A friend called me this morning to tell me that Dr. Oz would be having a hypnotist on his show this afternoon.

Dr. Who? The Wizard of ?  OK, so I had at least heard of Dr. Oz, but I had never seen his show and didn't know anything about him.

I did a little checking into Fox-TV's two-hour scheduling for Dr. Oz and learned that the "old" show is re-broadcast from 3:00-4:00PM, and the "new" show is broadcast from 4:00-5:00PM. I drove to my friend's home and arrived shortly before 4. How nice of Dr. Oz to have the hypnotist on first, instead of last.

British hypnotist Paul McKenna has written a number of books, and Dr. Oz gave him several pats on the back. McKenna had pre-conditioned a group from the audience before the show began. Any good stage hypnotist knows that, if he is going to be on TV, you want to use the best subjects; they really make you look good. Out of a group of maybe a dozen, he "picked" five in the audience for his demonstration.

The audience loved it, just as do audiences of any good stage hypnotist. All you need are good subjects - those who accept suggestions. After 3-4-5 suggestions are accepted, a subject might accept almost any suggestion given, including responding to a snap of fingers or just the word "Sleep!"

McKenna also did a quick demonstration of E.F.T., although he didn't call it that. He gave a very much abbreviated example of "tapping", which the audience lapped up.

Hypnosis and tapping do go well together. I use both of them.

When I bought a book called Mind Probe-Hypnosis on July 9, 1988, in Fort Collins, Colo., Dr. Irene Hickman inscribed it to me with "Adventure awaits all who explore the mind." She was right!

2 comments:

debo said...

thank you for posting this. i watched this am and tried that. for me im trying to distract my stress and sometimes i feel i need something to distract me.

Gus said...

debo, why don't you email or mail me directly, so that I can reply with some information you might find helpful?