Saturday, February 26, 2011

#1 snow shoveler at WNHS

Guess who was shoveling the snow this morning at Woodstock North High School this morning, as parents were arriving for Parent University?

None other than the Principal, Brian Mcadow.

I'll tell you what - when you see the "boss" out front with a snow shovel, you know you've got an organization with a leader who cares!

I remember my first job with a Chamber of Commerce; I was VP of Membership Services for an 1,100-member chanber in the Kansas City area.. I had been hired in August; when winter arrived and the first snowfall occurred, I asked where the snow shovel was and went out front to clear the walk. When I came back in, the VP of Administration said that I was the first man in her 18 years with the Chamber to shovel snow! That was in 1986, and I remember it like it was yesterday.

So, thanks, Brian!!!

No comments: