Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hidden Wounds helps vets with PTSD and TBI

When I was in Columbia, S.C. late last year, I met John Bigham, co-founder of Hidden Wounds, a non-profit organization created to help returning veterans who are suffering from PTSD and TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury). John and his daughter, Anna, started Hidden Wounds after his son (and her brother), Mills, died about a year after returning from Afghanistan.

Hidden Wounds' website is at www.hiddenwounds.org  They are embarking on a fund-raising effort to assist a veteran whose in-patient treatment is estimated to cost $800/day for six weeks. I've placed a Payment button on this blog to make it easy for you to help a little.

I'm not involved in any way other than to ask your help. Any donation via the button on this blog is not tracked by me, and I will have no knowledge of any donation or receive any benefit as a result of your gift.

If you would be generous with $5 or $10 (or more), I know that Hidden Wounds will put it to the use intended. Thank you!

No comments: