Thursday, January 6, 2011

Obituary: Donald E. Johnson, 79

Donald E. Johnson, 79, husband of Dorothy Rawlins, died on Friday, Dec. 31, 2010, in Hammond, Ind. Don was a member and treasurer at the Moose Lodge in Woodstock. A private memorial service will be in Woodstock.

I met "Dot" on the day she moved to Woodstock. I was living next door and saw the moving truck in front of 315 Dean St. My stepson and I went over to greet her and welcome her to Woodstock. Dot bought the house to convert it to a bed-and-breakfast, and the ordeal of dealing with the neighbors and the City nearly did her in. Alexandria House B&B exists now at 315 Dean Street, Woodstock, and is one of the B&Bs here.

I was happy to be at their wedding in Indiana on June 17, 2006, and I enjoyed knowing Don here in Woodstock. R.I.P., Don.

1 comment:

Richard W Gorski, M.D. said...

My condolences go out to the family of Mr. Donald E. Johnson.