Friday, April 2, 2010

From bad to worse

All of Rep. Dan Lipinski's staffers must be at church this morning, because not one of his four telephones is answered.

OK, so back to Sen. Burris' office. At least they answer the phone at the Chicago office.

I called Sen. Burris' office again, after not hearing from the constituent service rep whose name I could not understand earlier, when I left a message in her voice mailbox.

She's still "not available" but is reportedly in the office. Henry said he would tell her that I called again.

I offered to send a short (okay, so I fibbed a little about the "short" part; "short" doesn't really exist in my world) explanation by email, I was not able to get her e-mail address.

Then I asked Henry for that person's name. His answer? "I'm not allowed to give that information out."

What are we dealing with? A national secret?

I'll tell you this. When I'm King, things are going to be different around here!

And, before that, when I'm Sheriff, things are going to be different around here.

No comments: