Friday, April 2, 2010

Rep. Lipinski - MIA? Kidnapped?

Where, oh where, is Congressman Dan Lipinski when you need him?

Or Sen. Roland Burris, for that matter? At least, a live person answers the phone at Sen. Burris' office, although no one bothers to call back!

But where is Rep. Lipinski?

None of the telephones in any of his four offices is answered, except by voicemail. Not in Washington, not on South Archer, nor on West Hillgrove, nor on West 95th Street.

Have all his staffers been kidnapped? Has he been kidnapped? Should I call the FBI and report missing persons?

Or are they taking the entire day off so that they can go to church for an hour today?

Not only are calls not returned, but no message on any of his phones indicates that the offices are closed today. Today is a religious holiday for some; right? But this is Federal government. What happened to separation of church and state.

Maybe in other places, but not in Illinois!

My letter to Janet Napolitano is on someone's fax machine in Washington. It would certainly be too much to expect that someone would read it today and come to the rescue of a person sitting in detention unnecessarily over the week-end.

Maybe I'll get to meet I.C.E. employee Jim Riley on Monday. He was certainly the brave one, getting stuck with being the "messenger" today at 8:00AM.

And the more I think about the injustice caused by what is very likely to be a false report by an I.C.E. agent that resulted in this young man's being scooped up and detained, I'd like to say that I think someone's neck ought to be on a chopping block.

But I won't say that, because then someone might think I intend harm to a Federal employee, which I do not. It's just my attempt at a little humor (or sarcasm). Wanting some uncaring I.C.E. employees fired for incompetence should never be equated with wanting to harm them!

No comments: