Thursday, January 2, 2014

Both sheriff's race candidates fail to respond

On Tuesday at 10:46AM I emailed the two candidates in the Republican Primary for Sheriff of McHenry County:

Dear Andy and Bill,

I am writing because I would like for there to 1-2-3 debates before the March Primary for Sheriff, which is only 76 days away.


The Northwest Herald has indicated in Chelsea McDougall's article yesterday that it is not planning a debate. The McHenry County League of Women Voters has not announced any debate for the Sheriff's race.


Will you please provide me with the names of three organizations you would be willing to appear before for a public debate? I envision the debate to be held on neutral territory, such as in the conference center of the McHenry County College. An impartial moderator would control the event, which I envision more as a debate than a forum.


If you wish to respond, please provide the names by Thursday, January 2, 2014 to me by return email.


Sincerely,

Gus Philpott


So far, neither has extended the courtesy of a reply. I thought I had put a response deadline of 5:00PM today in my email, but I now see that I did not. Will Andy Zinke or Bill Prim reply by midnight?

1 comment:

Gus said...

Bill Prim responded at 10:30PM yesterday that he had not received my email.

Prim says he is "willing to debate Mr. Zinke at any reasonable venue that would include The League of Woman Voters and the Northwest Herald. My statement was that I had not been contacted by either organization to discuss a debate not that I would not being willing to participate at either groups' sponsored event."

The door is now open to Zinke to accept a debate at "any reasonalble venue". Well, Andy?