Sunday, January 12, 2014

Bankcard fraud attempt

Do you have a Bank of America credit card? Check your account ASAP.

The Bank of America Fraud Department just called me about an attempted charge yesterday of $5,109 to my card. They did not ask me for any personal information. I called the Bank bank and confirmed the legitimacy of the call.

Do you regularly obtain free credit reports from the three major credit bureaus in the U.S.? Each year you are entitled to a free report from each of the three bureaus. You can order the reports online and view them immediately.

My choice is to order one every four months, rotating among the three bureaus, which are Equifax, TransUnion and Experian.


Use caution if you do an internet search for free credit reports, because you will likely see search results that include fee services and sales promotions. If you want only the free reports, use this site.
Order your free report at www.AnnualCreditReport.com

No comments: