Tuesday, January 28, 2014

We knew Nygren wasn't around...

Andy Zinke has confirmed that Sheriff Keith Nygren hasn't been around for three years.

In the press release about Leslie Schermerhorn's endorsement Zinke said, "Andrew Zinke ... is currently serving as Undersheriff, acting as office [sic] head in the absence of the sheriff since 2010..."

And here people thought we were kidding, when we kept saying, "Where's Nygren?"

Nygren was re-elected by the sheepeople of McHenry county in November 2010, when he beat Democrat Mike Mahon and Green Party candidate Gus Philpott to stay in office. If I remember correctly, he immediately left on a month-long trip through the Panama Canal. I guess you can do that, when you earn $12,000/month and don't have to work.

Taxpayers have coughed up $145,000/year for Nygren to vacation in Florida, Wisconsin, the Panama Canal, and who knows where else, while carrying around a badge in his pocket.

1 comment:

Maverick50 said...

Someone MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE! Plain and simple. Who in the hell is in charge. I want my tax dollars back. It's paying for a sheriff named Keith Nygren. I'm not receiving what I paid for. FRAUD?